Arts in the Neighbourhood grants
The Arts in the Neighbourhood Scheme, run by the Kirklees Creative Economy Team offers grants between £150 and £2,000 as a contribution to arts and cultural projects which benefit and involve our residents.
The last round of funding saw £10,000 being allocated to 6 local organisations who are delivering a wide range of projects:
- Holme Valley Sharing Memories – received funding for “Reflections”, a multi arts project for children and adults with learning disabilities.
- Callaloo Carnival Arts – received a contribution to the Mirfield Muertos Festival.
- The Children’s Art School – will use the money to help run “Ebb and Flow”, a multi arts project for children and young people in the Holme Valley.
- Huddersfield Community Gospel Choir – have been given a grant for “Let’s Sing Gospel”, a project to encourage young members and the formation of a youth choir.
- Building African Caribbean Communities – are using their grant on the Black History Month Celebration Showcase.
- Meltham Community Trust – received funding for a project called “Urban Art”, running art sessions for young people
What to do next
The deadline for the next round of funding is 30 September (for projects after 1 Dec 15). However applicants to the scheme, must have successfully registered with the Grants Access Point four weeks before the closing date (by 2 September 2015). This can be done by emailing email@example.com or calling the Funding Team on 01484 414824.