Heat your home for less

Better Homes Yorkshire

Better Homes Yorkshire

If you are looking for ways to use less, waste less and pay less for energy to heat your home – then this article is for you.

Better Homes Yorkshire have up to £1.5 million to help people to heat their homes this winter.

You may be able to apply for a fully-funded central heating system, insulation in your loft or attic room,  or cavity wall insulation – these all help you to heat your home and save money.

You may also be able to get a free gas connection if you are not connected to the gas network.

Everyone can find out how to become more energy efficient thanks to free expert advice from Better Homes Yorkshire.

Cllr Peter McBride, our Cabinet member for Regional Affairs, said:

West Yorkshire Combined Authority and its partners have already been able to help over 1,500 households across the region to improve their health and wellbeing and save on their fuel bills through the Better Homes Yorkshire scheme.

Any homeowners, private tenants or landlords living in Kirklees and experiencing problems heating their homes can contact Better Homes Yorkshire now. The scheme can particularly help anyone who’s on a low income and suffering fuel poverty.”

Are you eligible for funding?

Better Homes Yorkshire is open to homeowners, private tenants and landlords in the Leeds City Region, which includes all of Kirklees and some support is free.

To be eligible for the fully funded support, households must be on a low income or in receipt of certain benefits.

Get more information on how to heat your home

Call 0800 597 1500 (free from UK landline) or 0113 897 0977 (local and mobile call charges may apply) or visit www.betterhomesyorkshire.co.uk.

Funding is limited and if you’re interested you need to register before the end of March 2016, with work being completed before the end of August 2016.

Better Homes Yorkshire was created last year in partnership with contractors Keepmoat and Willmott Dixon.


  • i am interested in the heating funding please im a home owner on low income single parent. thanks you


  • I am an elderly disabled pensioner….im ok for central heating but I feel I could do with help regarding cavity and loft insulation please as I feel I don’t have the sufficient level of Loft insulation…and part of my house is colder than the other side.. Please email me to arrange an initial survey if possible. Thankyou.


  • Hi Haleema, we’ve passed your details on to Better Homes Yorkshire, but you can also call them, for free, at a time convenient to you. For their contact information please visit http://www.betterhomesyorkshire.co.uk/contact.html


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s