HRI march and demo – road closures and travel advice
The Let’s Save HRI march and demo is taking place this Saturday – 27 February 2016 between 11.30am and 13.30pm.
The march will take the following route between 12noon and 1pm:
Leave St George square and progress down Northumberland Street.
Turn right off Northumberland Street onto Lord Street.
Progress down Lord Street and turn right onto Kirkgate.
Progress up Kirkgate tuning left onto Market Place onto New Street and then right up Cloth Hall Street.
Progress up Cloth Hall Street and once at the top turn right onto Market Street, across onto Railway Street.
Once on Railway Street the march will continue down here and end where is started back at St Georges Square for speeches.
Details of road closures
- Map of Road Closure (PDF)
Temporary Road Closures
- Station Street/St. George’s Square – between Railway Street and John William Street
- John William Street – between Viaduct Street and Kirkgate/Westgate
- Northumberland Street – between John William Street and Southgate
- Lord Street – between Northumberland Street and Kirkgate
- Kirkgate – between Lord Street and John William Street
- Market Place – between Kirkgate/Westgate and New Street
- New Street – between Market Place and Cloth Hall Street
- Cloth Hall Street – between New Street and Market Street
- Market Street – between High Street and Westgate
- Westgate – between Market Street/Railway Street and Kirkgate
- Railway Street – between Westgate and Station Street
- Queen Street – between Queensgate and King Street
- Cross Church Street – between King Street and Kirkgate
- Byram Street – point closures junction with Kirkgate and junction with Northumberland Street
- Wood Street – point closures junctionwith Kirkgate and junction with Northumberland Street
Suspension of Left/Right Turns
- Suspension of Right Turn from Castlegate onto Market Street
- Suspension of Left Turn from Castlegate onto Market Street
- Left Turn only from Railway Street into John William Street
Anyone coming into Huddersfield Town Centre between 11am and 2pm should expect delays.
You may find that using public transport will help reduce your journey time.