Try it, Like it, Do it is coming to the Valleys in March
A new opportunity to help people become more active launches this Spring in the Valleys, and we’re now looking for people to get involved in making it happen.
We would like a range of organisations to come together under the banner of Try It Like It, Do it to provide or promote existing activities and programmes aimed at getting people more physically active.
We’ve got funding to coordinate local organisations to support them in delivering activities aimed at people who are not currently active, or would be interested in beginners and introductory sessions. It’s specifically for people living in Colne Valley, Holme Valley, Denby Dale and Kirkburton.
We are looking for groups or individuals who are interested in encouraging people to become more active, have a warm and welcoming approach and want to promote long term participation.
There are 3 main ways people/organisations can benefit at this stage:
– Promotion – let us know about any sessions suitable for beginners/ inactive participants that you will be running in this area from March onwards and we can promote them as part of the project
– Support – to establish new sessions. This could include money towards venue hire, coaching costs and beginners equipment if required.
– Training – to create new leaders to deliver or support sessions.
If you are interested in getting involved please complete the application form on our website and attend one of the following information sessions.
All sessions are 6.00pm-7.30pm
- Tuesday 13th February– Holmfirth High School, Heys Rd, Thongsbridge, Holmfirth HD9 7SE
- Wednesday 14th February –The Civic, New Street, Slaithwaite, HD7 5AB
- Thursday 15th February – Shelley College, Huddersfield Rd, Shelley, Huddersfield HD8 8NL
You can also get in touch with the Sport and physical activity development team on 01484 221000 or email them.
Please share with any groups that you think would benefit from this project.