Huddersfield photo-imaging club annual exhibition
Huddersfield Photo-Imaging Club is showcasing the talent of local amateur photographers as its Annual Exhibition in Huddersfield Art Gallery, Princess Alexandra Walk, Huddersfield.
Amazing photos in Huddersfield Art Gallery
The exhibition opens in Huddersfield Art Gallery on Friday, June 15 2018, and will run until Saturday, September 1 2018. Around 140 framed prints will be on show and some 80 digital images will be displayed digitally on a flat panel television.
“The Mechanics” by Alan Stopher
80 images on show
The exhibits will include the winners in a range of categories. The best images from each category of prints and digital images were chosen by independent judges provided by the Yorkshire Photographic Union.
Shown on a flat screen high definition television loaned by Broadbents of Leeds Road, will be a continuous show of the best 80 images submitted.
The work of two members who have sadly died during the last year – Bob Dixon and Don Sheard – will be celebrated by panels of their prints kindly loaned by their respective families.
Completing the exhibition will be 15 mounted and framed prints in the Author’s Panel category, a non-competitive section in which members of the club produce a panel of prints linked together by style or subject matter and depicting a point of view or conceptual idea.
“Night Mission” by Tony Peckham
When is it on?
The exhibition can be viewed Tuesday to Saturday 11am- 4pm. The Art Gallery above the Central Library on Princess Alexandra Walk, Huddersfield is closed on Sundays and Mondays. There is free admission to the gallery.
On each of the Saturdays of the exhibition, Huddersfield Photo-Imaging Club members will be on hand to answer questions and show Art Gallery visitors how they can vote for their favourite print and digital image. All work has been framed and hung to a professional standard by our gallery staff.
‘Stanage Edge Millstones’ by John Harris
Find out the Winners Below
The full list of winners and trophies awarded for digital images is as follows:-
- Paul Campbell was awarded the Creative Digital Trophy for the best Creative image
- Gillian Sharp was awarded the Whiteley Trophy image for the best Open image
- Kevin Lloyd was awarded the HPIC Cup for the best Sport, Action & Photojournalism image
- Paul Campbell was awarded the Wood Trophy for the best Portrait, People and Figure Study image
- George Fewster was awarded the McMillan Trophy for the best Nature image
- Andrew Smith was awarded the Cooke Trophy for the best Architecture & Record image
- Tony Renshaw was awarded the HCC Cup for the best Travel image
- Gillian Sharp was awarded the Frank Radcliffe Trophy for the best Scapes image
- Tony Peckham was awarded the Frank Heeley Trophy for the best Intermediate level image (an open category)
- Shane Howson was awarded the George Major Rose Bowl for the best Beginners image (an open category)
The full list of winners and trophies awarded for prints is as follows:
- Tony Renshaw was awarded the Set Subject Trophy for the best print on the theme Reflections
- Gillian Sharp was awarded the Briggs Dyson Trophy for the best Open print
- Neville Wright was awarded the Huddersfield Camera Circle Trophy for the best Sport, Action & Photojournalism print
- Alan Stopher was awarded the Halifax Trophy for the best Portrait, People and Figure Study print
- Paul Campbell was awarded the Roy Kirk Trophy for the best Nature print
- Susan Gibson was awarded the Colin Sutcliffe Trophy for the best Architecture & Record print
- Richard Fulcher was awarded the Creative Print Trophy for the best Creative print
- Carla Lloyd was awarded the Colin Gower Cup for the best Travel print
- John Harris was awarded the Armitage Trophy for the best Scapes print
- Clair Briggs was awarded the Bernice Sheard Trophy for the best Intermediate level print (an open competition for less experienced members who are no longer beginners)
Have an interest in photography?