Local school pupils take part in cycle relay
Schools Yorkshire Tour is aimed at increasing the number of children involved in cycling across the region. The event aims to have over 1000 children taking part in the cycle relay across Yorkshire in 2019. School pupils across Kirklees will take part in the relay on Wednesday 19 June 2019.
The wheels are already in motion
The relay started in York on the 10 June and passes through North Yorkshire, Leeds, Bradford, Calderdale, Kirklees, Wakefield, Barnsley, Sheffield and Rotherham before ultimately finishing in Doncaster in the Sir Nigel Gresley Square on the 2 July 2019.
When does it get here?
It arrives here on Wednesday 19 June, when children from Whitechapel Junior & Infants will pedal-power it to pupils of Littletown Junior & Infants.
The baton will then pass onto Millbridge junior, Headlands CE Junior & Infants & N Primary School, Westmoor Primary School, Boothroyd primary Academy, Headfield CE Junior School, Paradise Primary and finally Orchard primary.
What time will the baton arrive at the schools?
• 09:30am leave Whitechapel Junior
• 09:50am arrive Littletown Junior & Infants.
• 10:20am arrive Millbridge Junior
• 11:00am arrive Headlands CE Junior & Infants & N Primary School
• 11:40am arrive Westmoor Primary School
• 12:10pm arrive Boothroyd Primary Academy,
• 12:50pm arrive Headfield CE Junior School
• 13:20pm arrive Paradise Primary
• 13:50pm arrive Orchard Primary
• 14:30pm arrive Southdale, Ossett
Finish line celebration
The relay is due to finish is ultimately finishing in Doncaster in the Sir Nigel Gresley Square on the 2 July 2019.
The baton will be handed back over to Doncaster Council and Peter Dodd (Welcome to Yorkshire) in front of hundreds of spectators. Schools who have taken part in the ride will be invited to the event to welcome home the baton as it completes its journey across the county.