Applying for Kirklees school places for 2020?
The new school year may have only just begun, but school applications can already be made for next September.
If your child is due to start in reception class at primary school, or transfer to junior, middle or secondary school in September 2020, you can find all the details online for how to apply.
Please note that applying well ahead of the deadline doesn’t increase your chances of securing a place at your preferred school, but it does provide peace of mind that the application has been received.
Here’s our quick guide to applying for Kirklees school places – please make sure your applications are received ahead of the deadlines.
- The Kirklees school application process is now open and is done entirely online
- The process is quick, easy and secure and is done through the Kirklees Parent Portal – if it’s the first time you’ve used it you’ll need to create an account, but that doesn’t take long
- If you’re still looking at options then check out which schools are in your priority admission area/catchment area
- The deadlines to apply for a school place in September 2020 are:
- Transfer to Secondary School – apply before 31 October 2019.
- Transfer to Junior or Middle School – apply before 15 January 2020.
- Admission to Primary School (Reception) – apply before 15 January 2020 (this applies for children born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016)
You can get full details of how to apply on our website