Welcoming back communities to local libraries for safe borrowing
Kirklees residents can once again visit a local library as part of a phased recovery plan which will see buildings open to the public.
Which libraries are open?
As part of a carefully phased approach to reopening, we are delighted to announce that from 07 September residents can borrow books from the following libraries:
- Cleckheaton – Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri 12:30 – 15:30
- Holmfirth – Mon, Tues 10:00 – 12:30 & Thurs, Fri 14:30 – 17:00
- Kirkburton – Tues 10:00 – 13:00, Fri 13:00 – 16:00
- Lindley – Mon, Tues 10:00 – 12:00, Thurs 15:00 – 17:00, Fri 10:00-12:00
- Mirfield – Mon, Thurs 10:00 – 14:00, Weds, Fri 13:00 – 17:00
- Shepley– Mon 10:00 – 13:00, Thurs 13:00 – 16:00
Kirklees Libraries will carefully monitor the situation in this first phase before announcements of further library buildings opening are made.
Rules to follow
Visitors will be asked to provide contact details for the Test and Trace programme and also to wear a face covering inside library buildings as per government guidance. Due to limited capacity, browsing will be limited to a maximum of 15 minutes per visit, and visitors may be asked to queue outside during busy periods.
Health and safety is key
Health and safety has been at the heart of preparations as we work hard to make sure visitors, staff and volunteers remain safe as further library services are re-introduced. Controlling the spread of the virus is critical and visitors will be reminded to stick to government guidelines.
Ring and Read offer
Our Ring and Read offer is still available and you can contact Kirklees Libraries on 01484 414868 to order a selection of books. Staff will choose these books for you, ready to collect at your pre-arranged time and library.
You can ring to book a slot at the libraries below:
- Chestnut Centre
- Denby Dale
- Greenwood Centre
- Rawthorpe Dalton
Return your borrowed items
In addition to returning books at the branches open for safe browsing, you can also return your items to the branches below:
- Almondbury – Mon 1pm – 3pm & Thurs 2pm – 5pm
- Batley – Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri 10am – 3:30pm
- Chestnut Centre – Mon to Fri 9am – 5pm
- Cleckheaton – Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri 10am – 3:30pm
- Denby Dale – Tues 10am – 1pm and Fri 1pm – 4pm
- Dewsbury – Mon, Weds, Thurs & Fri 10am – 3:30pm
- Golcar – Tues and Thurs 10am – 2pm
- Honley – Tues and Fri 1pm – 4pm
- Huddersfield – Mon to Fri 10am – 3:30pm
- Rawthorpe Dalton – Mon 1pm – 5pm & Tues and Fri 10am – 1:30pm
- Slaithwaite – Mon 10am – 2pm, Weds 1pm – 5pm and Thurs 1pm – 5pm
Please place books in the green waste bins marked with Kirklees Libraries stickers. Do not remove any items from the bin.