Connect with us via social media to stay up to date with all our latest news, share your own information and tell us what you think.
Our main corporate channels are:
Social media guidelines
We’d love you to follow us and contact us on these accounts – they’re here to provide important information and advice to our residents/users.
We do have some guidelines that we ask all residents to adhere to when engaging with our social media accounts.
We have a zero-tolerance policy against any form of cyber-bullying that won’t be tolerated on any of our channels.
Whilst we will actively monitor our platforms, if you do notice any offensive comments on our sites at any time, please send us a private message and let us know or report the comments directly.
We’ll take immediate action on our accounts if content in any format is:
- abusive or threatening – this includes swearing, adapted spellings with the same meaning, etc
- defamatory, slanderous, misleading or false
- intimidatory towards our staff, elected members or other platform users
- the same message posted multiple times, known as ‘spamming’
- controversial, irrelevant and off-topic, otherwise known as ‘trolling’
- Inciting hate crime or hate crime words
- obscene, profane or sexually-oriented
- discriminatory in any way
- promoting illegal activity
- promoting individual products or services
- completely off-topic
- inciting abusive and threatening behaviour away from social media
- private or identifying information about a particular individual, typically posted with malicious intent, otherwise known as doxing.
What happens when they occur?
If your content relates to the list above, we will hide or delete it.
Depending on the content, we will also screenshot the posts and consider legal action or sending them on to the police for investigation and/or, we will take immediate action to delete the post and block your access to our accounts.
Our social media pages are monitored regularly 9 am – 5 pm Monday to Friday and potentially over weekends during any major incidents.
We will not be able to respond to questions or complaints outside of these hours, even if we are posting from our accounts. If you have an urgent query please use the council’s contact us page on www.kirklees.gov.uk
Safeguarding allegations or disclosures
Safeguarding concerns are of paramount importance to us. If you make any safeguarding allegations or disclosures on our social media accounts, these will be passed onto the relevant organisations to be properly investigated.
Any posts relating to safeguarding issues will be removed whilst they are being investigated. It is better to raise these concerns directly to us via our reporting system – https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/report-a-problem.aspx
We understand that sometimes you can be unhappy with something we have or have not done, and you just want us to deliver a service to you or to tell us about something. If you do have any of these issues, you can send us a DM on Facebook and our customer services will pick it up – but we’d suggest reporting your issue via our website https://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/report-a-problem.aspx
What do we do with your data?
We have a number of privacy notices which explain how our services use the information you give us and ensure it is adequately protected. View our privacy notices here
We have over 50 Twitter accounts. You can follow our full Kirklees Council twitter list
or scroll through it to find the ones that interest you the most.
We have over 70 Facebook pages.
Museums & Galleries
Parks and outdoor learning
- Cliffe House
- Dewsbury Country Park
- Greenhead Park
- Oakwell Hall Country Park
- Playing pitches in Kirklees
- Batley and Spen District Committee
- Dewsbury and Mirfield District Committee
- Huddersfield District
- Kirklees Rural District Committee
Support for communities
Markets and shopping
Stay connected via email. Select a range of topics you’re interested in getting updates about via Email. Sign up for Email Alerts
Videos, photos and audio
You can also find us on;