World Mental Health Day, 10 October
Saturday is World Mental Health Day. 1 in 4 of us will experience problems with our mental health at some point in our lives. There is no escaping that 2020 has put additional strain on many people’s mental health and wellbeing, but it’s important to reach out and talk about how we are feeling, whether it’s to friends and family or connecting with a local support services.
Free Wellness Service
Our Wellness Service offers a free, one to one support service and help develop a personal health and wellbeing plan helping people live healthier, happy lives. They can help in several ways:
- Improving mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Achieving a healthy weight
- Managing long term conditions
- Developing self-care approaches
- Wellbeing support for carers
- Increasing social contact and community engagement
- Becoming more physically active
- Smoking cessation
- Reducing drinking
Support in a crisis
If you need urgent mental health support, details of how you can make a referral and local organisations to contact can be found on our website.