Free Covid-19 lateral flow tests at mobile collection point
Rapid Lateral Flow Testing and Home-Test Collection Kits
You can get regular COVID-19 lateral flow tests if you don’t have symptoms to help stop the spread of the virus and protect your family and community.
If you are showing COVID-19 symptoms or you are a close contact of a covid-positive case , you should book a PCR test.
Why is getting tested important?
Even if you have been vaccinated, regular testing remains important to help us stay one step ahead of the virus and keep Kirklees open.
Many of us have been vaccinated, but that may not stop us from catching and spreading the virus, or even from becoming ill with it.
About 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms but can still infect others. You can find out more about regular rapid lateral flow tests on the NHS website.
How can I get a test?
We’re bringing a number of one-day mobile test and collection points to areas across Kirklees. We want to make it easier for residents to collect their regular lateral flow tests.
Anyone over 18 can collect two packs of home testing kits (containing seven tests each). The times, dates and locations are in the below table.
Over the next week, we’ll be visiting Dewsbury, Birstall, Batley, Ravensthorpe, Chickenley, Crosland Moor, Greenhead Park, Holmfirth and Huddersfield
You don’t need to book, just turn up and please wear a face covering and social distance from those outside your household or bubble.
The tests come with instructions on how to use them and how frequently you should take them. We will have staff on hand to show you how to use the tests should you need help.
Mobile test and collect site timetable
We’ll be visiting the following locations where you will be able to both get an assisted lateral flow test and pick up your home-test collection kits.
Please note where it says ‘collect only’ – there isn’t any assisted testing available, the only collection of home testing kits.
Our friendly team will be on site to answer any questions.
- Tuesday 3 August, 9am-4pm – Ravensthorpe Shopping Park, Huddersfield Road, WF13 3JR
- Wednesday 4 August, 9am-12pm – Crosland Moor Learning Centre, Moorfield Shopping Centre, Crosland Moor, Huddersfield, HD4 5RX (Collect only)
- Thursday 5 August, 9am-4pm Birstall Market Car Park, Market Street, Birstall, WF17 9EL (Collect only)
- Friday 6 August, 9am-4pm Dewsbury Asda, Mill Street West, Dewsbury, WF12 9AE (Test & Collect)
- Saturday 7 August, 9am-4pm – Market Street, Holmfirth (Test & Collect)
- Sunday 8 August, 10am-4pm – B&M Superstore, Blakeridge Mill, Batley WF17 8RA (Test & Collect)
If we’re not visiting an area near you this week, visit the NHS website to find your nearest fixed collection point for people who don’t have COVID-19 symptoms.
Rachel Spencer-Henshall, Strategic Director for Public Health at Kirklees Council, said:
“In addition to getting vaccinated and always remembering hands, face, space, another great way you can help reduce the spread of Covid-19 in your community is getting a rapid lateral flow test twice a week if you are not showing any symptoms.
“Asymptomatic testing helps us identify people who are infectious and could spread the infection to others unknowingly. This is particularly important with restrictions now starting to ease and it now being much more likely to come into contact with people from other households.”
We really urge everyone to continue to get tests wherever possible to keep your community safe and help prevent the spread of infection.
- If you test positive, you help to break the chain of transmission of COVID-19 in your household, support bubble and community.
- The test identifies and supports infectious people to isolate themselves before they develop symptoms.
- Testing helps with the management and containment of COVID-19 outbreaks.
- Testing protects those most vulnerable to the impacts and consequences of COVID-19.